Saturday, April 21, 2012

I have to pass the exam in 2012!

Hello everyone!

My employer asked me two weeks ago to make an estimation on how much time do I need to prepare my self and pass the CCIE Voice written and lab exams. He took me by surprise to be honest. "well... I need a lot of time, it's not that simple, I can't do it in 2 moths!" was my first reaction. "maybe 3 then?" was his.

After talking for a half an hour I promised to make the estimation, evaluate the third party materials that I could have in my disposal and answer after a few days.

So here I am now trying to find out what will be the path that I'll follow. IP Expert and InterNetwork Experts are the viable solutions after a first look. From what I can conclude according to the materials, the time that I'll have for studying (weekends and workdays), which will be around 35-40 hours per week, and the knowledge that I've already earned working for almost 4 years with Cisco UC platform and the CCVP certification, I can have my first attempt on October. I also included a 10-day Bootcamp.

I don't know if this is doable, but this is what I told to my employer. So basically what I do right now is searching and talking with people to see what material and path will be better for me.

I'll keep you updated for this procedure. It will be a long way. The bet will be to pass the lab in 2012. That's why I gave my blog that name. Maybe I can find another more inspired name in the process :)

See you!
Stefanos.